BACK TO SCHOOL SPECIAL
Try a week of free classes then only $99 for three months of classes and a uniform!
Offer ends September 30th so contact us today
When school starts, want a safe place for your kids to go all day that will ensure they show up for online classes, do their homework, get help, plus engage with fun activities?
We’re offering “Pocket School:” 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, 2 or 3 days in a comfortable, open space where we’ll help them show up for their online classes, get homework done, and participate in varied activities designed to let kids move, play, and make learning engaging and fun.
Interested? Contact us! No martial arts involved or required.
Why am I qualified to take care of your kids? Aside from 16 years teaching, here are my academic credentials:
♦ Graduating Gonzaga Cum Laude, computer science degree (accounting minor).
♦ Bozeman High graduate with honors, 3.91 GPA including 7 AP classes (English, Physics, Calculus, US History, US Government, World History, Computer Science).
♦ 1510/1600 SAT score: 790/800 Math, 720/800 English.
♦ Passion for learning of all kinds, most especially history, science, practical finance, and writing
♦ A desire to help kids discover/rediscover the same!
COVID Precautions: Masks required. Temperature checks on arrival. Hourly cleaning. More than triple CDC space recommendations per child.
To ensure social distancing, we’re capped at 20 kids per day and are filling up quickly. If you’re interested, contact us today!
Martial arts classes for all ages
Learn focus, self-discipline, and coordination in a positive environment with martial arts training at Cutting Edge. Our other martial arts classes stress hard work and whole-body conditioning. These are the keys to long term martial arts success. Children and adults will enjoy the diversity of classes we offer. There is a class for the dedicated martial artist, for the individual looking for a great alternative workout, and everyone in between! Cutting Edge Martial Arts even offers select free classes to the Bozeman community to make sure we’re the best fit for you. See our list of martial arts classes below.
More than just karate and muay thai –
become a well-rounded person at Cutting Edge
At Cutting Edge, we care about our students and the skills they develop while under our instruction. Studying martial arts is about more than just karate and muay thai. It’s about focus. It’s about discipline. It’s about empowering you to make a change. It’s about being a better person every time you step off the mat. On the surface, we teach kids and adults weapons-handling, dexterity, coordination, and physical strength. But Cutting Edge Martial Arts focuses just as much on what lies beneath the surface.
- We care about developing and encouraging well-rounded people who have the emotional stability, determination, confidence, and focus to be successful on and off the mat. We help students find and refine those internal qualities that will benefit them throughout their lives regardless of their engagement in martial arts. Whether you are a Olympic-class black belt, a casual martial artist, or somewhere in between, these are skills that are important to everyone.
Kids’ Martial Arts
Our primary goals when it comes to kids martial are to help kids become stronger-physically, mentally, and emotionally. With us, your children will learn to be confident, self-assured, and grow in a comfortable and compassionate environment. For more information on the rules of the mat at Cutting Edge, view our Parents’ Guide here.
- Kids’ beginner martial arts: This class is a basic introduction to basic martial arts. It focuses on kicks, hand techniques, and simple self-defense from muay thai boxing and taekwondo, while also focusing on coordination, self-control, self-discipline, and respect. This is a perfect class for kids ages 5 and up, for white belts through high yellow belts.
- Kids’ intermediate martial arts: This class stresses more advanced technique and forms and introduces some sparring and weapons-training. A wider variety of martial arts such as simple krav maga and brazilian jiu jitsu are included in this class geared toward children ages 6 and higher. Designed for green belts through senior blue belts.
- Kids’ advanced martial arts: This martial arts course teaches a wide variety of training, from adult-style workouts to gun and knife self-defense, high-level sparring, advanced open-hand and weapon forms, and more. Students in this class hold red belts through black belts.
- Summer martial arts camps: Cutting Edge Martial Arts hosts annual martial arts summer camp sessions. Check back for more information on our select camps as summer approaches.
*Group or individual self-defense classes available on request.
Adult Taekwondo, Tai Chi, and Martial Arts Workouts
Our adult classes pair high-intensity fitness and personal training with precise and intentional martial arts technique. You won’t be leaving our school without breaking a sweat! All of our workout routines engage your core strength and teach balance, focus, and stability. At Cutting Edge, we focus heavily on injury prevention during our whole-body martial arts workouts. We also know your time is valuable, so we offer convenient scheduling to get your martial arts training in on your time. There are even several free classes and daily noon classes available.
- General training classes: Throughout the week, these general training courses focus on strengthening your core and giving you a wide variety of full-body workouts. Our warm-up and workout routines borrow from Olympic martial artists and professional athletes. We stress developing core strength, stability, balance, and injury prevention. Our general training classes meet several nights a week at our Bozeman martial arts school.
- Tai Chi classes: In these classes, be prepared to gain awareness of your surroundings. You’ll learn Yang-style Tai Chi forms, movements, and mind-body practices to improve your health and well-being. Learn coordination, breathing exercises, and self-defense practices in this class suitable for adults of all ages, from teens to seniors.
- Kung Fu: This free course for men and women is about practical street defense. In just a few classes you’ll learn how to effortlessly take control of a situation regardless of your size, weight, age, or gender. Kung Fu San Soo is the perfect class for non-martial artists who don’t want to commit to ongoing study. It’s also great fun! Kung Fu Master Mark Colby teaches this class.
*Group or individual self-defense classes available on request.